Darren has a transformation like no other! He’s not your traditional weight loss transformation… He’s got that “I’m kicking cancers ass and winning transformation”. I couldn’t be more proud of him. You know he was given a year and a half to live, right??? The cancer he still has (they weren’t able to get it all), shockingly has not started grow yet… I say yet… Because unfortunately it will start grow.. We just don’t know when. The doctors said usually within 2 to 3 years…. Well it’s been over 5!! He defeats all odds! He is my hero!
How does he do it?
1. He does NOT let cancer define him. The term “cancer survivor” does not apply to him. He does not just “survive” he “lives”.
2. He wakes up every single morning with the most incredible attitude! It’s not that he doesn’t think about having cancer everyday, but he chooses to make it a great day!
3. When he is having an off day (forgets why he’s in a certain room or what he’s supposed to be doing or puts toothpaste in his hair instead of hair gel…happens a lot)…he laughs.
4. He eats healthy (80% of the time) and works out.
5. And most importantly…He laughs out loud EVERYDAY (sometimes all day).