Everyone faces challenges. The only difference between the people who overcome those challenges and the people who wallow in self-pity is what goes on between the ears. Strive to look and think about things differently and your world will be a much happier place.
Darren was diagnosed with brain cancer in 2009. It’s been a crazy roller coaster of ups and downs, but Darren & Jen have always managed to keep their heads held high! The diagnosis he was given would send a lot of people into a depression and possibly to give up… But not Darren! He truly has a gift like no other. And because of his incredible attitude, it has helped ALL of us to change our thinking. How? He’s got that “I’m kicking cancers ass and winning transformation”! He defeats all odds! He is our hero!
How does Darren do it?
1. He does NOT let cancer define him. The term “cancer survivor” does not apply to him. He does not just “survive” he “THRIVES”.
2. He wakes up every single morning with the most incredible attitude! It’s not that he doesn’t think about having cancer everyday, but he chooses to make it a great day!
3. When he is having an off day (forgets why he’s in a certain room or what he’s supposed to be doing or puts toothpaste in his hair instead of hair gel…happens a lot)…he laughs.
4. He eats healthy (80% of the time) and works out.
5. And most importantly…He laughs out loud EVERYDAY (sometimes all day).
When something bad happens, you have three choices: Let it define you, let it destroy you, or let it strengthen you. Choose to let it strengthen you! What lies before us and what lies behind us are small matters compared to WHAT LIES WITHIN US. And when you bring what is WITHIN out into the world, MIRACLES HAPPEN.
“It will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard ya hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done!”